Space applications, from -253°C to +780°C
Meggitt’s experience long ago evolved into space applications, where high pressure and thermal transients present the most demanding conditions for instrumentation. High-reliability satellite displacement/position measuring systems are also available.
Meggitt has developed
- High resolution standard proximity sensors for satellite
- Eddy current measuring systems for rotating shaft displacement and rotational speed in high pressure oxygen and hydrogen environments
- High temperature accelerometers and dynamic pressure transducers
- Charge converters
- A cryogenic dynamic pressure transducer with built-in electronics
- Cryogenic accelerometers with built-in electronics
- Softline cable assemblies
Transducers for space applications
The Meggitt instrumentation that has supported the Vulcain Engine program, developed by Snecma Moteurs under contract from the Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES), has been qualified for flight. The Vulcain engine is the motive force for the European Space Agency (ESA) Ariane 5.